Bow murder: youth arrested

178_Shea GORDON1.jpg

Bow murder victim Shea Gordon

AN ARREST came in less than a week after Shea Gordon, 17, was murdered after a public disturbance in Bow. A young man was arrested on Friday, 9th September on suspicion of murder. He was also just 17 years old.

Gordon was murdered as a crowd gathered in Lichfield Road, E3 on Sunday, 4th September. It is thought that a number of people present had been trying to gate-crash a party, and a number of locals who were trying to pass through were caught up in the crowd too.

Two teenagers were stabbed that night and were taken to an East London hospital.  Sadly, Shea Gordon died. The other young man, aged 18, was initially in a critical condition, but the latest report is that his injuries are no longer life-threatening. An 18 year old male was arrested on suspicion of violent disorder the day after the incident, but he has now been released with no further action being taken against him.

The police investigation is continuing, and Detective Chief Inspector Mark Rogers from the Metropolitan Police Specialist Crime Command has made a further appeal for help from members of the public. He said, “While an arrest has been made, I would reiterate my appeal for anyone with information about the incident which led to Shea’s murder to come forward. We continue to support Shea’s family through this incredibly difficult period, but they need your help too – please get in contact with any information you have that could help provide them with the answers about what happened to Shea.”

•Anyone who has any information which may assist police is asked to ring the Major Incident Room on 020-8345 3715 and quote reference Operation Wildcast. Alternatively you can contact Crimestoppers on 0800-555 111 and give information anonymously.

●To catch up with the news in East London, go to:
East London News

●Watch East London’s weekly news magazine programme,
live at 10pm every Tuesday and on demand all week:
The Tuesday Show